The Daisy Dress has made some progress since I last posted. I actually hemmed it and wore it out for a test run. I do that with just about every dress I make.
Changes I've Made:
-Added white grosgrain ribbon to the hem
-Appliqued a small cluster of daisies to hem
Changes I Need to Make:
-Straps need to be taken up 1/2"
-Sweetheart neckline needs to be stabilized somehow (I've got an idea mapped out)
-Take in side seams
-Lower dart points, but deepen them at the waist
-Add more daisies
|I think it's coming along swell! ;)|
|It may be hard to see here, but I've learned that I've been bringing my|
waist dart points up WAY too high. I'm getting a pancake effect..No bueno!
In regards to my pattern, it's the same one I used to create my blue daisy top here [x]. I did modify the pattern from that project by shortening the straps, widening them in order to cover more of my chest and create a more squared effect (sorry if that doesn't make sense! In short, the straps were to skinny where they connected with the bodice front and showed too much skin in the chest region).
Welp, I guess it's time to get down and dirty with the next phase of this project!